Thursday, August 17, 2006

Marty Yudice!

My friend Marty Yudice. He 's one sweet cool cat. The kind that gives presents which can leave me blushing in a great way . Let me show you what he's done. Just follow this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxiyZ1Dmxk

Marty's an art school grad like Aimee and I. He and his wife just had a baby and he works at WTB, so I wonder where he gets the time to do things like this. He called earlier today, I missed the call, but Aim was there to talk to him. I'll be giving him a ring after I post this. Make sure to check out some of his other movies.

For those of you that don't know what WTB is here's a bit of their story from my perspective. First WTB stands for Wilderness Trail Bikes. I bet I got that wrong, but for this blog it will should guide you to their location. (www.wtb.com) Anyhow back in the day these were one of the companies that made mountaining bike something to lust for (lust and Mountain biking there's a few posts in that). I do remember looking over catalogs and bike mags and dreaming about putting one of their saddles on my bike, using their tires on my wheels, and then their were the dirt drop bars, and Unified Rear Suspension frame, and other cool stuff. Well last spring my buddy Dejay Birch, that demon on a singlespeed, hooked me up with Marty. Marty set me up with some really great tires and a fresh set of bars for my rides. In the land of sharp rocks and sharp plants fresh tread is manna from heaven. I spent weeks riding on 38 by 700c interwolf tires. Comfy and fast. And light too. It was good to ride a skinny tire on some trails here in Tucson and not have to face pinch flat after pinch flat. I don't know what WTB did to make that tire work so nice, but I like it. So thank you Marty. And thanks again for the kind movie. You are the man.



posted by Rudi @ 12:07 PM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger AMorris said...

That video was great! The LW and I have a camera now, so I should catch up with you sometime when you're spooling around in the dirt and get some action footage for posterity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home