Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Aimee's Magic


This is so exicting. My wife, Aimee, is an amazing artist. She creates work that sits at the edge of our imagination. Part myth, part folk, at the place between waking and sleeping. And I'd like to share them with you. Not just today, today is just a good start.

These are her Hand Dolls. I can barely handle the humor of these. The hands are based on the hands from baby dolls. The one with the pale light green dress reminds me of angry putii ( I think that's how you spell it) that you find floating about in paintings and sculpture from the way back in the day. Kind of a sweetly dressed cousin It. I expect them to go floating into the sky and then in the hundreds come down pelting me with their wrath and dignation. And yet I know that they mean well, their just pissed off at all of my ignorance.

Tomorrow I'll have something new from Aimee world, so stay tuned.

posted by Rudi @ 9:36 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home