Friday, February 20, 2009

raw material in to beauty and back again, Sam Furrow.


A million years ago. Billions of years ago.  Thirty years ago.  Mr Devito's Geometry class. My friend Sam Furrow did a research paper on black holes.  It was mind blowing and eye opening and spiritually enlightening. He was one of my dearest and oldest friends, and a truely profound gentleman.  I have a small group that I have know since I was a child. Jay, Tom, Cindy, Anne, and Sam.  There are many others, but this group is a core which others often come from.  Wendy, Scott. And then so many others.  
But Sam is gone now, his energy returned to the universe.  He leaves behind his beloved wife of 24 years Cindy, and so many family and friends.  There is a huge hole where he once was that now is a tear where memories flood through.  I wish I knew him better.
I've been spending time close with Aimee, we're both thinking and send our love to Cindy and to Cindy's sister Wendy and brother Scott, who were so close to Sam.  
Sam was a friend and a brother to may of us.  
Sam we will miss you, and your gifts.  I don't know if you knew how amazing you are.  Thank you Sam, Thank you.

posted by Rudi @ 9:04 AM   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Brenda A. said...

Almost wish I hadn't read this....so personal...but we've all been there, haven't we? Keep watch for him in the stars...he's there still, or maybe much closer!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Brenda A. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Brenda A. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home